Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

Code P0670 with 2004 Chevy 3500

Customer Question

Code P0670 with 2004 Chevy 3500
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

let me look it up be right back

are sure it is p0670 because it will go to 654 then jumps to p0700

can you double check

P0616

P0617

P0621

P0622

P0641

P0650

P0651

P0654

P0700

P0701

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its 670 its Glow plug module control circuit

ok you have vin 2 6.6 liter diesel , i found it.

I m sending the troubleshooting on it, usually bad ground or open circuit , if that module is good ,

but follow the testing steps i m sending you and you can pinpoint the issue?

2004 Chevy Truck Silverado 3500 2WD V8-6.6L DSL Turbo VIN 2

Save Article

DTC P0670 CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION The glow plug controller has the ability to perform internal diagnostics for voltage and output state of the glow plugs. If the glow plug controller senses an open in the main battery supply to the glow plug controller, or a condition with any of the glow plug driver circuits, the glow plug controller will send an error message to the engine control module (ECM). DTC DESCRIPTOR This diagnostic supports the following DTC: DTC P0670 Glow Plug Module Control Circuit CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC - DTC U0073 or U0106 is not set. - The ignition is ON. CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC The glow plug controller detects an open to the main battery supply for the glow plugs, or an open in all 8 glow plug circuits. ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS - The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and fails. - The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records. CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC - The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail. - A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.

- A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic. - Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool.

Please let me know IF THAT WORKS FOR YOU

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
basically it says replace the controller since my connections are fine and hope that works?

yes 90 % that is the issue , but testing is needed , if you feel comfortable connection are good ,go ahead replace it ?

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back And Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have.

Thank You

Chad Farhat