Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2007 Tahoe with rear liftgate opener not working (either

Customer Question

2007 Tahoe with rear liftgate opener not working (either from fob or from exterior handle). The rear glass release works just fine.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Replace whole fob with new battery. Works just fine.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to know if this is mechanical or electrical. I will do this myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You can hear a click in the actuator area when you press the button on the inside of the exterior handle. But the door latch does not release.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually the fault that causes this issue here is the rear lift gate door latch itself.I have had to replace this latch in the past before for this type of fault here.The latch and latch signals will need checked/tested to see if for sure this is the cause here and the latch replaced if found to be the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete