Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The radio or anything won't work in 2007 Malibu when the key

Customer Question

The radio or anything won't work in 2007 Malibu when the key is in the ACC position. The front Driver and both rear windows won't work as well. The passenger front window works fine.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't been helped yet.

With the key in the run position does the instrument cluster power up?

Will the vehicle start?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The cluster does power up, but the icons in the cluster dont light up. Such as the check engine lights etc. The vehicle will start.

So while the vehicle is running, do the gauges work, does the HVAC work?

I already know the warning lights, radio, 3 power windows do not work.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They work.

Okay lets go after the radio first. Here is the diagram. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/maliburadio.pdf

Is the radio fuse good and powered? Can you remove the radio and confirm it is getting power and ground?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The radio works fine. When the car is on. Just doesn't work in the ACC position.

Do the windows work when the car is running?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The windows work. I was able to play with the switch and wiggle the wires. The radio or dashlights still don't work at all. Any suggestions? Nothing works with the key in ACC position.

At the ignition switch test the brown wire for battery voltage with the key in the run position. If there is power and everything works in the RUN position but but things do not run in the in the ACC position. This indicates the BCM is faulty.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will try that when I get home today

Super

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am still out of town and have not had time to try your remedy yet with the key switch. I will respond as soon as I do. Thanks so much.

Thanks for keeping in touch.