rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I Have a 2013 chevy malibu I have had a diagnosis run on it

Customer Question

I Have a 2013 chevy malibu I have had a diagnosis run on it says everything is good I have had one person say the starter is using more power to start up than supposed to and another say my alternator was bad my car would die when put under a load. I go to start my car it starts up fine everything's good there is a digital voltage meter on the dash and it goes from about 14 volts to 11 volts while car is on if I turn off the car I will not be able to turn it back on so I wait till I goes back to high 13 to 14 volts. I turn off the car with about 14 volts go to class come back try to start it had if just clicks won't start had to get a jump start didn't happen for a few more days. Has happened to me 4 more times now I had someone look at it and told me the alternator again so I got a new one put in did good over the weekend now same problem I looked at fuses to see if any are bad had not found any look online and see some people are having same problem. After I get a jump start dash says service sterling or anti theft have no idea what to do now any advice?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you
Before we get started though, Please understand that I don't know
your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that
I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does NOT replace a
repair shop.
My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for
my time. Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you
didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

It does sound like you have a flat spot on the starter armature. Replacing the starter would fix this.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I look up the problem online I have seen people replaced body control module or engine control module would this have anything to do with it and thank you sir I'll try changing the starter next
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 2 months ago.

Nope, I wouldn't replace a module for the problem you're having, it would just be a waste of hard earned money.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars and keep this link in case you need me again later on.