Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

1994 caprice .5.7. rebuilt engine with a moderate duration

Customer Question

1994 caprice .5.7 . rebuilt engine with a moderate duration cam , new throttle body headers, edelbrock alum heads. air gap intake . engine doest idle .
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: everything rebuilt
JA: Are you fixing your Caprice yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am checked for vacuum leak s none
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i removed cats and egr and air pump
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try to do a global reset on the engine computer.To do this disconnect the positive and negative cables from the battery and take just the cable ends and touch them together for about 1 minute.This discharges the computers electronics and resets it.This can sometimes correct an idle issue after modifications have been done like this here.If you try this and it does not work let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete