Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

I have 12v on the signal wire going to from the pcm to the

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: i have 12v on the signal wire going to from the pcm to the crank sensor
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: does not run
JA: What year is your V?
Customer: 1998 s10 4.3l
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: all ignition componments were replaced
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i talked to a gm tech and he told me to pull the signal wire out of the pcm connector, i still had 12v on the yellow signla wire, holding one in my hand and other end is plugged into the crank sensor. i have p0336 code
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 2 months ago.

Hi there.

P0336 sets when the ECM does not get a signal from the crank sensor. This could be caused by a bad sensor, bad connections or wiring, or even a bad ECM.

First, turn ignition on and check both Pink and Yellow wires for system voltage with a test light. If OK, connect a voltmeter set to AC voltage frequency (HZ) to read duty-cycle between the Pink and Yellow wires and crank the engine. Replace sensor if duty-cycle not between 40 and 60%.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i replaced the sensor 2 times, you didnt read what i wrote man i HAVE 12v on the signal with it disscionnected at the pcm and still connected to the crank sensor, New sensor, new pigtail, new pcm