K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I have a 1999 chevy express 3500 5.7 with dual ac. I can't

Customer Question

I have a 1999 chevy express 3500 5.7 with dual ac. I can't get the front to cool like the back. I also have a leak I can't find. I have put dye in the system with no success I have even used a sniffer. Can anyone help me please? I have change the the front evaporator and high side valve.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 3 months ago.

Hello, what are your high and low side pressures and air temp outside? Did you replace the orifice tube?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did replace the orifice tube. I just check it with the engine cold outside temp is approximately 72 degree. the high side is 98-99 the low side is 52 when compressor engages it drops to 19-20, each time the cycles on and off
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I also notice that when put freon in this truck non of the lines at the accumulator ever got cold all them were little warm

Thanks, ***** ***** or so the high side should be 145-160 and low around 35-40. It sounds like it oculd use more freon. How much have you put in the system?

Hello, I was just wanting to follow up to see if you needed any further assistance.