GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

OK, this is a weird connection here. I have a 2007 Chevy

Customer Question

OK, this is a weird connection here. I have a 2007 Chevy Suburban. The AC was leaking to the rear. I had a repair shop install a kit that caps off the rear end AC. I am going to assume that takes care of it. HOWEVER, right after I picked up the car, I started getting a warning to service the tire pressure sensor. It will not read any tire pressure. Also the remote no longer works. It seems far fetched to think an AC fix caused the other but it is a fact that one started immediately after getting the AC fixed. Any possible connection with fuses or anything?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

The key fob receiver and the TPMS (tire pressure monitor system) run out of the same control box in the back of your suburban. If the shop accidentally cut the power to the control module it would do exactly as you describe. When they capped off the rear AC did they disable anything electrical back there as well? Maybe they unplugged it on accident?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there anything I can visually check to see if something was unplugged or cut-off? I see the cap on the AC line but not sure there was anything electrical done. Could have been, just not sure where to check.
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Here is the location of the door lock receiver- you can check to make sure it's not unplugged, but more than that will require a scan tool to connect and see if it is communicating.