Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2008 Tahoe, Got code P069E. Replaced the fuel pump. Still

Customer Question

2008 Tahoe, Got code P069E. Replaced the fuel pump. Still got the same problem. The problem is the engine cuts out on right hand turns ( 0 Fuel pressure). Right turning out into traffic is nerve wrecking. But I have also figured out that I am losing fuel pressure on right hand turns. Not just because I turned the wheel but turned with enough inertia. Starting, stopping, and coasting. I feel like it is the fuel system command module. But I also think how does it know i'm turning?
JA: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?
Customer: Yes, power steering .. no on checking....The curious thing is it works fine on left hand turns..so I would think the pressure switch is ok...
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fuel Pump....
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

has the fuel pump module been changed yet ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

this has a new fuel pump AND a new fuel pump module computer located under the bed spare tire area ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The parts men are calling the fuel pump assembly a module. I understand there is a computer too, but my parts man says it has to programmed. So I'm kinda stuck. I know that must be what is wrong, but I have not had to deal with this problem yet, and what screws me up is the programming. If in fact that is true. So to clarify, yes I replaced the fuel pump assembly with hanger but without a new fuel level sensor. I am sure the fuel pump computer module is likely the problem since I see no shorted wires or anything stupid like that... the Tahoe is in good shape.
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

yes the fuel pump module computer MUST be programmed for it to work

but having it replaced will fix your problem you are having

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer