Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

Working on 1991 chevy pu ac flashing. read repair fix,

Customer Question

working on 1991 chevy pu ac flashing. read repair fix, disconnected the green wire, the ac keep tripping off on high head pressure.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: Yes used a can from parts store. The pressure is reading as in the red?
JA: What is the model of your '91 GM?
Customer: 1991 ck pickup
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cut green wire, It does not turn off but the clutch goes on for a few seconds then stops. Keep cycling.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order to help you with your AC problem we need to start with installing a real set of AC gauges and read the systems pressure . The system pressure on a full system with the compressor running needs to be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and 200 to 225 PSI on the high side. If you can check this for me and post back with the results we can work from there .