Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

According to our mechanic, according to our mechanic the

Customer Question

According to our mechanic
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: according to our mechanic the lock cylinder housing is broken and needs replaced.
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 05 Trailblazer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have not replaced anything or tried anything ourselves, I took it to the mechanic and since they didn't have the equipment to reprogram it they said I needed to take it to the dealer.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

once any lock or lock housing or ignition switch is replaced or repaired to relearn the theft and key system you just follow this here for you to relearn it or the shop to relearn it you do NOT need to go to the dealer to relearn it

30-Minute Learn Procedure

Important:
Do not remove the key from the ignition during this procedure. If the key is removed, the procedure will have to be performed from the beginning.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON. The vehicle will not start.
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  5. Repeat steps 1-4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to RUN.

Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to RUN. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

1. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

how are you making out ?