Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

After installing new tires and wheels due to a bad

Customer Question

after installing new tires and wheels due to a bad vibration. It appears the old one were fine. My truck still has a bad vibration at any speed. what do you think? I have a 2015 gmc sierra 1/2 ton
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Joshua Davenport replied 2 months ago.

You stated that it vibrates at any speed. Does the vibration get worse the faster you are going and does the vibration change with acceleration or deceleration?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, but there is always the feeling as if the tires are out of balance

Ok. It is possible that part of the drivetrain is out of balance. Such as the driveshaft(s), or possibly a universal joint binding and causing a vibration.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 2 months ago.

Take it into a shop with a lift and have it raised at least 1 foot off the ground, then start the engine, place it in gear and rev he engine until the vibration occurs, then try to pinpoint where it is coming from. If you have to remove each wheel/tire one at a time to rule them out.

This should still be under warranty, so they should get rid of the vibration for free if yo go to the dealer and road test it with them and prove it to them. If it still vibrates with all 4 wheels/tires removed and it should from what you describe, Lift it up higher so the driveshaft can be checked to see if it is wobbling, and the pinion nut on the differential, if it's tight, the u-joints, if they are making the noise, etc. I am sure a mechanic there will have a stethoscope if need be.