Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

On the 2011 Equinox the rear gate wont open. I can get it to

Customer Question

On the 2011 Equinox the rear gate wont open. I can get it to open from the access hole from the inside, but the outside handle wont let me open it. Also I don't hear a noise coming from the latch when I lock and unlock it.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, and I put in a new outside switch, because they seem to be problematic. I also checked every fuse I could find that was somewhat related to this area
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I also double checked the connections on the hatch under the door panel
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 months ago.

.
sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.
Because the Doors & Lift Gate uses "Door Modules", you are limited to checking Connections, Voltage & Fuses, without the use of GM Dealer Scan Tool or equal
Test Voltage + on "both sides" of Fuses 21 & 47 located in the Under Hood Fuse Panel
Check Voltage + on the RED / WHITE wires at the Rear Lift Gate Module, located inside the Lift Gate
IF Voltage + is good, then use of GM Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test & Program
apprx 1 hour labor

Click Attachments below

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
The way it works:
Once an answer is given, "you" as the customer, are expected to "RATE" the answer as you agreed to do.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Fuse 21 for the canister vent is at 6.11 and 12.26 on the other side and 47 is a spare. I'm guessing were looking at two different fuse boxes.
This is not a power lift gate

thank you for the added info............
Here is Base Lift Gate Schematic
Fuse "31" located in the Under hood Fuse Panel powers the LIGHT BLUE wire at the Rear Latch, thru the Internal Relay of the Under Hood Fuse Panel
Test Voltage + on "both sides" of Fuse & on the LIGHT BLUE wire at the Latch when pressing Release Switch
IF there is Voltage + on Fuse "31" & NO Voltage + on the LIGHT BLUE wire at the Latch, check for broken wires at the Lift Gate Harness entry.
IF NO broken wires, Internal Relay may be defective & Fuse Panel may need replaced
Use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to confirm

Click Attachment below

.
.
.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.