GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Dies when a/dc or when put into drive, 92 Camaro 5.0

Customer Question

dies when a/dc or when put into drive
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 92 Camaro 5.0 automatic
JA: What year is your Camaro?
Customer: 1992
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ha ha iac valve also map, and tcc sol. in tranny.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: 120,000 leak in trans, due to a stripped bolt
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: when cold it runs fine. air comes on ,gos in gear ok then it gos into ,close loop ,an that's when it has problems.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this started after speedometer failed. I replaced sensor on tranny.still no speedometer and engine dies after it warms up .no codes ,unplugged map and code appered. cleared all codes checked vaccum ,in spec. book im using came with car when I got it new.i put vaccum gage on oil dipstick tube no states its not sealed would this cause the stalling? iac works while in open loop. but when it gets to temp. it th3e same dies when a load is put on the engine.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im using a vom don't have a ob 1 scanner.i checked most of the voltages on a chart from the manual 'could nt fing any of the inputs to the ecm way out of range.checked the egr not stuck open. checkek coolent temp,and iat ,resistance on both ok when cold.could the switch on the a/c tells the ecm its about to request air.need help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

It does send a signal to the ECM when the AC is turned on or when shifting to drive, reverse, etc.

Has the minimum idle air rate been set, (with a scan tool) after the new IAC valve was installed?