Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist

1997 s10 no brake lights have center brake light was told by

Customer Question

1997 s10 no brake lights have center brake light was told by a gm teck that there was a brocken wire have remove dash and all wireing have found on brocken wires need help
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes all good
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have pulled dash check all wireing and found no problems
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

these are very common for multi function switch / hazard switch assembly failures that can cause this issue as we know the brake switch is good if you have the center brake light working

if the bulbs are good and the fuses are good see if the white wire into the multi function switch shows 12 volts when you step on the brakes the odds are it will and then replacing the multi function switch should correct this problem you are having

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
have replaced multifunctioning switch and brake light switch. Have no power to white wire. Have center brake light.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 months ago.

if you run a temp wire from the white wire off the brake switch tot he white at the multi function switch just for testing purposes will the rear brake lights then work ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have removed dash, wiring harness; checked all wiring and found no problem. Third brake light works when white wiring is energized. No brake lights.
Expert:  Randall C replied 2 months ago.

Hello, do you still need help with this question?