Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Just installed cat fuel filter on my '12 Duramax lml. Truck

Customer Question

Just installed cat fuel filter on my '12 Duramax lml. Truck is hard to start. Won't stay running very long. Stalls out after about 10 seconds. We continue to reprime and start it back up, but won't stay running. We changed the oil & oil filter at same time as fuel filter. Please help.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Can you keep it running if you keep working the primer?

Can you try another filter and confirm its sealed well?

This pretty much is a fuel issue and it looks most likely to blame on fuel filter used but there are other things that could also do this that are fuel related.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris