Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The EMC/TRANS fuse blows every time I turn the key, Park,

Customer Question

The EMC/TRANS fuse blows every time I turn the key
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: Not sure
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New battery, changed the fuse several times. It work for a short time but now it is blowing immediately
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I know of
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Of course I do, that's why I asked and paid for an answer!? Please

What model vehicle is this and which liter engine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2008 cobalt. 2.2 L

This fuse only powers the TCM and ECM, nothing else. So lets unplug both of those and try another fuse. If that fuse fails then we know its in the wiring from the fuse box to those modules. If the fuse does not fail, plug the ECM or TCM back up to see which module blows the fuse when plugged up. Can you do that?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris