Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My lights flicker and go off, throwing a service light. This

Customer Question

My lights flicker and go off, throwing a service light. This happens everytime I start the vehicle and release the parking brake. What could this issue be directly related to?
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: yes, and honestly I'm not sure. I would have to check my fluid but I'm in fact replacing the front brakes today.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2002 base model 2.2 cyl
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and so far, I've looked at the fuses and nothing wrong there. I've also tried looking under the steering column in detail to see if a wire is unplugged or burnt up or something.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have replaced the brake switch under the steering column and this is related to another issue, but now my blinkers and hazards don't work at all. As for the flicker issue, I'm also wondering what it would like price wise to get that repaired?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

This can possibly be a BCM failure. If you can do electrical testing I can help you figure this out.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris