Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care

I have a 2011 cheve equinox with sunroof. My daughter

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a 2011 cheve equinox with sunroof. My daughter accidentally left sunroof open and it rained last night. Now there is a service airbag light ghat comes on after starting car. Have you ever seen this? Will it dry out or will it have to go back to dealer?. I know it is expensive when it comes to airbags and I don't have the money right now.
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: No I don't think so. How do I check that
JA: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet. It just happened this morning. I drive the car around and he seatbelt seems to be ok. I would like to try to avoid going to dealer if possible
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Thank you
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. There is a really good chance that it will dry out and not have a permanent problem, but there is also a chance that something could have been shorted when it got wet. Is there a chance you could take it by a shop that would scan the air bag codes so we have something to go off of? If not, I would suggest waiting a couple of days and then taking the battery terminal off to try and clear the system codes for the airbag and if the light does not come back on, you have no permanent problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank You for your response. I am hoping it dries out!

No problem, friend. I hope so too!

I want to remind you to please remember to leave a positive rating if you were pleased with my service