Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2007 chevy tahoe, no center console ,i believe i have a bad

Customer Question

2007 chevy tahoe, no center console ,i believe i have a bad connection at the radio amp. i dont know where amp is ,not a bose system
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: radio and amp fuses are ok
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: do you know where the amp is?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think i have a common problem with audio including chime sounds and intermittent speakers. i heard of a bullitain saying a connector at amp may unseat itself and cause these symptoms
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm still waiting for an answer as to where the amp would be located or if another idea to look at or replace to try to solve my problem

There are no diagrams for amp location without center console. If you have a radio with the amp option it has to be mounted in this area. Reach under the front center seat if that is what you have sitting on the top of the transmission tunnel to see if there is an amp there.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris