Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2014 chevy 2500 4x4. Died this mourning while driving. Said

Customer Question

2014 chevy 2500 4x4. Died this mourning while driving. Said change fuel filter. Yesterday 36% on fuel filter. Changed filter beside road. Would not crank. Had to help it spraying in intake. motor ran 1500 to 2000 rpm. Air hose off. Tried to go down the road with air hose from filter off. Reduced power showed up. First code was low fuel psi. oo87. then Exhaust gas recirculation error 0400. Would not start with can. Got to safe area. pulled codes and cleared would not start even pumping fuel filter. Loosen fuel cap. Came back 20 minuets later busted off the died. 2014 100,800 miles. What do you think and is this under warranty. Chevy house is thinking 13,000.00 for whole fuel system but did not look at it and recommend another dealer.
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: AC by motor. Had issues in the past with leaking on my older trucks. It seems to be pumping up
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was going to try the fuel filter housing first. Then the relief valve but 2014 is electronic.Also changed filer beside the road
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cut fuel filter apart. Not full of metal like the pump is going out. Outside filter black on ends.Clean in the middle. Small trace of metal but very few. Inter filter Screen clean. Most of the filter clean. Some black on the outside. Filer inside looked OK. Can the Muffler plug and create to much back pressure?. Will bring truck in today. Wanting to check muffler BP and fuel return line.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I still could use some help. Had tank Heater issue 30,000 miles ago. Local dealer would not touch it. I have ordered a Fass lift pump, EGR Delete kit,Flow Pro Exhaust and EFI Live. If that does not do it putting on CP4 to CP3 conversion pump. Not wanting a hot rod but a work truck to get 12 plus MPG and keep it simple. My think is what if the Exhaust plugged. Had a 0400 code and 0087. I am wondering if system if possible cut fuel. Thought about bad filter housing but I will bypass. Fuel filter was clean and not full of metal. Also wonder about ECM ? My hand held shows 7 & 8 only thing tryng to do anything when turning over
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Best to Email***@******.***.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any thing to add ?

Your codes normally indicate had injectors allowing to much fuel return or a weak injector pump. Can you tell me the actual and desired fuel pressure?

I doubt this is a plugged DPF, you can disconnect it prior for a short road test to make sure. Based on mileage you are out of warranty.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.