Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics

Have the throttle body problem on my 2009 Cobalt. Is there a

Customer Question

Have the throttle body problem on my 2009 Cobalt. Is there a recall on this model?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's currently at the dealer being repaired. Was wondering if there was coverage for the repair?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No that's how he described the problem to me.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Is this the 2.0L or the 2.2L engine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Great, thanks. Unfortunately, no Recalls and no Technical Service Bulletins have been issued in relation to problems with the Throttle Body. GM Throttle Bodies in this year vehicle have been very problematic. Before replacing the Throttle Body, make sure they carefully inspect the wire harness for any pinched or damaged wires, as this is common. Many times a cleaning can help as well. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here! If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question. Please do the right thing, and rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

If there were any other questions you had on this issue, or there was something specific you were hoping to have addressed that I may have missed... please feel free to reply and ask! If you have no further questions, please remember to rate or accept!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.