Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

We have a 2008 corvette convertible the top is stuck half

Customer Question

we have a 2008 corvette convertible the top is stuck half way
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the top was up, we tried to put it down and it got stuck half way
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: we have not tried anything else yet
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a faulty micro switch sending an incorrect signal on what position the top and top components are in.When this occurs this can cause the top issue you have described here.If you have not had the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers this needs done to see if any codes are set.The codes will need diagnosed and data observed on the scan tool to help determine if there is a fault with a micro switch or sensor.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete