Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My chevy 2500hd hesitates and jitters when accelerating from

Customer Question

my chevy 2500hd hesitates and jitters when accelerating from a stop. Whence it is going it smooths right out.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: 2005 original tran
JA: What is the model of your '05 Chevy?
Customer: k2500HD 4x4 LS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven't done anything yet just trying to understand the issue.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it has been a slow onset, the problem has been getting worse as I drive it over the past week.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

is the check engine light on ?

do you know if there are any codes set in the computer ?

what size engine is in this truck ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No check engine light. 6.0 gas. Dont know what codes are on the comp\ter I havent seen the light on
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

if there are no codes in the computer at all that usually means there is no engine misfire causing this issue you are having

does it feel like the transmission is chattering in just 1st gear ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

the odds are the clutch discs are chattering or slipping when taking off in 2nd gear

with no codes set i would have a transmission flush performed with a flush machine and see if that corrects this issue if it does NOT then the transmission pan needs to be removed and checked for any debris in the bottom of the pan and if there is alot of debris the transmission would have to come out and apart to find where the debris has come from usually it is a clutch failure causing this issue

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?