AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Wanting to add an accesory to the housing that the passenger

Customer Question

Wanting to add an accesory to the housing that the passenger side airbag switch is located in, can I unplug the switch so that I can remove the housing for trimming for the accesory ? 2006 Silverado 2500 LT
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I see there is a safty tether on the back of the plug restraining it to the airbag switch, I don't want to unplug it if it's going to cause a problem, I would reconnect when reinstalling
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 4 months ago.

Hello. To remove the passenger side air bag, just above the glove box, you need to disable the air bag system. Would you like the procedure to disable the air bag system as well as the procedure to remove the air bag module in a PDF file? I can provide them to you for 5.00. please let me know if your interested and I can get them to you right away.

its actually multiple pdf files

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not trying to remove the bag itself, but unplug the passenger side on off switch so that I can add and accesory to the housing, then reinstall and plug the switch back in.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have the dash bezel removed and the module that the passenger air bag on off switch is mounted in pulled out, but it is still plugged into the wire harness and I am reluctant to unplug it unless I know it will not activate the bag or cause other problems? I see it has a yellow say tether holding the plug to the switch. I will be reinstalling it once I have added my gadget
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Looks simple enough to unplug it, just reluctant until I am sure it will not cause a problem

I would suggest disarming the air bag system before doing so.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Disconnect the battery and remove the fuse..wait 20 min. For caps to discharge??

One minute, i'll provide you with the procedure to disable the air bag system.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Gotcha
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can't open it in drop box, am in a remote location in Alaska, working off Hughes net safelight internet with limited band width and down load speed
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, the dilemma of my life! ( www.boreallodge)

Can you open them in your email?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Ok. I can email them to you, however in order to get your email from you without it showing up in here, you would have to accept my service offer. After accepting, there is a place to enter your personal contact information where nobody except me can see it. I can then email them to you as well as anything else you might need for the project. The lowest they allow for a service offer is 5.00. Unfortunately your email is not available to me through Justanswer as i do not work for them. I just answer questions as an independent contractor. Does that sound ok?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
5.00 extra over the top

correct. on top of what ever the original price was. or you can blurt it out in here, but I wouldn't suggest it as this is public