Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

My Service Tire Monitor System light is on in my 2007 Chevy

Customer Question

My Service Tire Monitor System light is on in my 2007 Chevy Impala. Approximate repair price. Prior to Service Tire MonitorSystem light being on it was reading that low pressure on my left rear tire off and on.
JA: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?
Customer: Yes. Tire pressure is fine. The monitors don't match up with the tire pressure
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No way, I just wanted an idea of how much it would cost, and is really necessary, since I need to check the tire pressure periodically anyway
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: What is the $5 deposit for, is for giving me an estimate on-line.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I'm soon due for an oil change monitor is at 32%. I wanted an idea of how much the TPMS would cost, I was planning on having someone look at it when I have the oil change, but I don't want to be taken advantage of. Lots of times I feel that I'm being ripped off because I'm a female that doesn't know much about cars.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

If the system was showing the left rear tire was incorrect pressure, and yet it was... this sounds like the problem is going to be the Tire Pressure Sensor for that wheel. It's located inside the tire, as part of the valve stem assembly. The tire will need to be removed from the rim to repair. The Sensor sells for around $37 and the Labor Time Guide calls for just under an hour to complete the repair. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the bot***** *****ne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can be anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

If there were any other questions you had on this issue, or there was something specific you were hoping to have addressed that I may have missed in my answer... please feel free to reply and ask!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

I'm showing this thread as having a reply sent, but I do not see the reply. If you tried to reply, please re-type your reply so that I may answer whatever questions you have.