Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

2007 SILVERADO WILL NOT SHUT OFF HAD KEY IN MY HAND ENG SILL

Customer Question

2007 SILVERADO WILL NOT SHUT OFF HAD KEY IN MY HAND ENG SILL RUNING IT DID NOT SHUT OFF UNTILL I PUT IT IN GEAR AND TURNED KEY THEN THE ENG SHUT OFF AS SOON AS I PUT IN PARK SECURTY LIGHT AND CHECK ENG LIGHT WENT ON
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: SOLID ON THE 2 THIS TRUCK IS A WT IT DOSE NOT HAVE CODE KEY A WALMART KEY WILL START IT
JA: What is the model of your '07 Chevy?
Customer: OLD BOD
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: MY THINKIN IS POS THE IGN SW
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: YES DRL WOULD COME ON BY THEM SELF
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So you are correct. The ign switch is the most likely cause of all those problems. I would start with replacing it.Let me know if you have any questions.Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok I will do it do I need to rest any thing I know the check eng light is bank 1 sen 2 code and will replace it soon
Rest any thing?
Nothing needs programmed on yours. But you may want to reset the codes to see if they come back before you replace the o2 sensor.
Also make sure you do the ignition switch not the lock cyl.
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this problem? Please let me knowIf not would you mind rating my help.Thanks
Sonny