Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

The tail light and turn signal lights for the trailer work

Customer Question

The tail light and turn signal lights for the trailer work during daylight operation but when the vehicle switches to night operation I have lights on the vehicle but only tail light on the trailer, and no signal lights.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be an issue with the trailer wiring being corroded or damaged or a poor ground to the trailer wiring plug.If this has not been checked this needs checked into to see if any issues are found needing repaired or replaced.If this has already been checked into and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete