Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, Certified Subaru Tech and Nissan factory trained.

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2 wd. Brake pedal chatters during

Customer Question

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2 wd. Brake pedal chatters during light braking. Occurring more often every day. Feels like ABS in pedal however brakes don't react same. Example, when in light traffic with many stop lights it seems to happen mostly below 20 MPH. Front and rear brakes pads and shoes are fairly new ( 10,000 or so miles) Is it possible I have a problem in the ABS distribution block? Need some help
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Hi there,

This is actually a pretty common issue with these trucks. The mounting surface for the abs speed sensors should be cleaned and the sensors reseated.

HERE is a copy of the service bulletin with instructions for the repair

I would start here because it's such a common issue.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!