Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Headlights wont work, the parking lights work i replaced the

Customer Question

headlights wont work, the parking lights work i replaced the headlight switch one head light and a fusible link it is a 1967 c10 283
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: this model year does not have fuses for the headlights
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 1967 c10 283 4.6L
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i replaced the headlight switch one head light and a fusible link
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The next thing to inspect since you have replaced pretty much all of the components involved with the head light operation is to check and make sure there is no wiring found damaged or broken leading from the switch to the head lights themselves.I have seen this occur on some models and cause this fault here needing repaired or replaced.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I actually figured it out. It was the floor mounted dimmer switch. I replaced the switch and the headlights worked
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

That is great to hear.If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete