Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

94 gnc 4.3 hard starting have to give it gas to keep running

Customer Question

94 gnc 4.3 hard starting have to give it gas to keep running a little better after it warms
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Is the check engine light on? Are there any codes in the computer? What has been replaced for this problem up to this point?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Check engine lite on have not checked codes nothing changed yet
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Ok, no problem. Thank you for that information. Based on my experience, the most likley possible cause for this issue is a leaking internal fuel pressure regulator located inside the intake manifold. The best way to check for this is to hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see if the fuel pressure leaks down after the engine has been running and is turned off.