Ryan Schott
Ryan Schott,
Experience:  technician at Demarois Buick Gmc

Got a 2012 equinox that has a p0010 and p0011 code. p0010

Customer Question

got a 2012 equinox that has a p0010 and p0011 code.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: p0010 and p0011. yes we reset it and came back on within 5 miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: if its easy I can do it. haven't tried anything yet. was just seeing if it is something I can do.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the car sucks oil big time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a multimeter, there is a pretty simple test for this code i can run you through.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No don't have one. We reset it and it came back with 5 minutes. Was going to take to dealer but don't wanna pay 300 for a simple fix I am pretty handy. The car eats oil. Have to put 2 quarts in every 1000 miles between changes or it goes dry. Been that way since new. I can get a multimeter if necessary

If you can then grab one, there are two solenoids on top of the valve cover unplug and ohm them out they need to be between 8-13 ohms, if one is out then it is bad, also your oil consumption issue is cover by special coverage, they put in new pistons, when you go to the dealer tell them to start an oil consumption test. Once it fails bang you get new pistons for free, i do at least one terrain a month for it since they released that coverage. low oil can also throw these codes but i imagine you need a solenoid if it comes back in 5 min, probably the one towards the front of the car.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just had oil changed so I will ask. I will check when I get home and get back to u. Thank u

no problem let me know how it goes.

here's a picture of them, you wont need to remove them just set meter to ohms and touch one lead to one pin and the other to the other.