Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

The wiring on my 94 vette is horribly messed up. I am in the

Customer Question

The wiring on my 94 vette is horribly messed up. I am in the process of rewiring it and installing after market guages. I could use an ECM that does not need to communicate with a Central Control Module. also, the car has an automatic tranny. Is there an ECM / power train control module for me?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram? What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: I have Chevy service manual for my 1994 Corvette.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I bypassed the starter inhibit relay and so my car starts. The problem is that after a few seconds, the car shuts off. I ran an ignition wire to the fuel pump relay and that is working because I have power feeding the fuel pump. According to the GM service manual, the engine should continue to run but, no joy.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just that I recently bought the car and that the previous owners really screwed up the wiring. There were 3 (three) different alarm systems in it. I removed the PKE and the other two. My goal is to wire it as if it were a 70s vette using after market guages and new alarm. I have done this before with a VW so, I have some experience.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont know of an after market computer myself that would actually work on this model to do what you are looking for on this here.You may need to speak with an auto accessory/modify facility in your area to see if they can obtain this for you or have one built that would work on this here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete