K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

I am having problems with my brake/turn signals. I added a

Customer Question

I am having problems with my brake/turn signals. I added a 1969 - 71 Olds Cutlass bumber to replace my damaged one. At first all lights worked except for the far left found that the receptical was bad. While troubleshooting it I shorted one of the contacts to the ground. I still have my original turn left operation, but my right side works twice as fast/w the two lights in the bumper operating while the left has no operation, ????
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Don Cope I have physically checked all fuses as well as using a continuity meter
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I swapped out the outboard left connector to no avail, All fuses checked Auto Zone and a local GM dealer say ther is no turn signal relay available. I am dead in the water now.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 2 months ago.

Hello, it uses a standard 2 terminal flasher comon to gm cars of that era. It's mounted on a clip behind the left hand side lower dash trim of the steering column. You can get the flasher HERE

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The local Auto Zone and GMC dealer both say that there is no flasher in the 2011 Silverado I bought a Haynes Manual found problem, and I am on the road again! Good try anyway!

I apologize, I thought you were working on a 68-71 Oldsmobile Cutlass as mentioned in your first post.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my problem is solved, No need for further discussion! Do not charge me for your misunderstanding! I was very clear