Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

2000 Chevrolet S10 pickup) I took off my dashboard trim to

Customer Question

2000 Chevrolet S10 pickup) I took off my dashboard trim to install a new radio head unit an disconnected the airbag off/on switch (I did this abt a month ago an at least I think I disconnected it) but now I cannot find the harness (connector) to plug back in. Either I'm mistaken an it wasn't there or I can't find it. It must have fallen back in an I cannot find anything to try an trace it back. I have pulled all the trim plastic off
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: The one on the the driver side I can see
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm up for it. I've tried tearing as much apart as possible to try an see anything I can but I just can't seem to find the connector. I don't understand how it cld have fallen in so far. I guess I need to know what it looks like or more importantly which way it's routed
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It was just a simple radio install that got delayed an I just unplugged the off/on connector on the face of dash an now the it's lost?? I didn't think I wld have any problems, especially none like this
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

….

The connector for the IP module switch breaks out of the harness, (behind the dash) near the airbag itself. Possible that it has retracted over to that area. Please see attached diagram. It is number 1 in the diagram, thanks

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the diagram in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,