GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Greg. I saw your answer from a previous question about a

Customer Question

Hi Greg. I saw your answer from a previous question about a headlight issue on a 2006 Chevy Equinox and I am having a similar problem.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It appears that the high beams are stuck on. The high beam indication of the instrument panel is on all of the time. If I tun the headlamp selector from "Auto" to the parking lights then dash lights dim. I have pulled both the headlamp relay from the interior fuse block and the daytime running lights relay from the engine compartment fuse block and the headlights stay on. It is hard to tell whether the problem is with the low beams or the high beams but I would guess that it is the high beams since the high beam indicator is on.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: When I pull the two fuses, one for each lamp, the lights do go out.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: A few weeks ago I had the engine replaced. The lights worked fine when I got it but this problem showed up a few days ago. I am not sure if it is related and I am reluctant to take it back because they will charge me if it isn't related. The engine works fine.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Did this start intermittently or was it permanent all of a sudden?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for answering Bobby. The problem started all of a sudden. My wife took the car to pick someone up a few nights ago and the next morning the battery was dead. We thought that she might have just left the lights on but when I jumped it the headlamps were stuck on. I charged the battery but the only way that I can get the headlights to go out is to pull the fuses.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 2 months ago.

Does the high beam light stay on even after the vehicle is turned off?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
they so. The lights stay on all of the time and the blue high beam indicator is on when the car is on. My wife just informed me today that there was a burning smell when she drove it the night before the battery died. She did not know the location of where it came from but it is safe to say that it was in the interior. Thanks.