Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

1995 chevy 2500 4×4 6.5 turbo ran but when warm and shut it

Customer Question

1995 chevy 2500 4×4 6.5 turbo ran but when warm and shut it off wont start back till cools downs set for 3 month now no fuel to injector lines cranks but no start
JA: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?
Customer: Filled tank when parked 3 months .I have fuel to filter and t valve not ink line
JA: What is the model of your '95 Chevy?
Customer: 2500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: New pmd and tryd bleeding put two new batteries sound like it not cranking fast
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Advice
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would two 600 coca batteries enough for the 6.5
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would go with 650 or higher if you can on the batteries but if you cannot then the 600 cca is o.k to use.

This may be an issue with the fuel injection pump itself.I have seen this pump fail in the past before needing replaced for this type of fault here.If this has not been tested to see if this is the cause here this needs done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete