Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

I replaced rear drum and shoes now I get a pulsesating, 2008

Customer Question

I replaced rear drum and shoes now I get a pulsesating
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2008 silverado
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced shoes and drums
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Maybe I don't have them a just ed right
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.
So generally them not being adjusted right won't cause a pulsating. I guess it's theoretically possible if they were adjusted WAY down. But most likely the drums you bought are defective. If they are aftermarket from autozone or advance or a place like that, then they are Chinese made and I've gotten defective ones from there quite a bit. But I buy a lot of parts to so its expected.Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny

do you still need help with this? please let me know.

Thanks
Sonny