JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

ABS stabilitrak light comes on in turns and the truck 2007

Customer Question

ABS stabilitrak light comes on in turns and the truck 2007 chevy avalanche it appears the ABS is applying the front drivers side brake which feels bad
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Brakes are new, both front hub bearings I replaced , no difference
JA: What is the model of your '07 Chevy?
Customer: LTZ
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced both front wheel hub assy's. Drivers side was bad making noise spinning easy. Passenger side I replaced anyway when the drivers side didn't take care of the issue.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Shop that did the brakes and rebuilt front end 2 months ago I had them look at it again as the vehicle is klunking mostly seems drivers side front. They found the the new upper ball joints are both bad and they didn't replace the the control arms just the bearings. I think theyput the wrong bearings in cause have you ever seen both go bad in less than 5,000 miles. So I just bought both upper control arms with ball joints installed and will go after that next week. But could this be what is causing it to apply the brake in turns. It scares the crap out of my wife where she won't drive it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 5 months ago.

have you scanned for codes?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Problem is getting worse so my thought is that since the new upper ball joints was a bad install by Midas then the sensors are causing the ABS to operate poorly. and during turns the pressure on the assy is when I get this. Straight down the road everything is fine.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Midas could not evenfully align the vehicle after 950.00 rebuilding the front end. They then tried to blame the minor rough country lift the vehicle has so they didn't have to take ownership. The vehicle is*****and since it is a LTZ it still has the stock 20" wheeels and brand new LTX Michelins on it.

do you feel comfortable with midas touching this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A call is not necessary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nope

do you have access to a scan tool that has abs functions? usually midas is more expensive then the dealer...

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no i do not
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no answer.
Do you have a parts store nearby that can scan for abs codes?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I could drive the truck into town to see if they can scan for me. I will try that today.

have you tried hat yet?