Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My serpentine belt is pulsating. could that be caused by an

Customer Question

My serpentine belt is pulsating. could that be caused by an engine misfire? I have a new belt:retentioner:and idler pulley. I looked at the harmonics balancer and it looks OK??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

how is the engine running ?

how does it pulse ?

with the ac on or off ?

can you upload a video of it pulsing so i can see ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there is no AC and it just flutters a bit quarter inch or so while the engine is idling. The engine runs fine maybe a bit of miss can be detected if listened to closely. Nothing to indicate a real problem.
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

can you upload a video so i can see it ?

usually some movement is normal

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I cannot upload a video
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

is the belt shredding or coming off on you ? squealing or slipping causing any issues ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All things look OK and running true now but I have only tested for a few miles so far no squealing or slippage.
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

if there is no slippage or squealing and belt shredding at all there should be nothing wrong with the best system since everything is aligned properly

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

how are you making out ?