Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2000 chevy impala and I want to close the sun roof

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

When using the switch for the roof, will the glass move at all in either direction?

Is it stuck open or in the vent position?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Open
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is stuck in the open position
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Moose can you help me

Thanks, ***** ***** the diagram we will be using https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/DIC.pdf

At the switch verify the dark blue is ground, then test the orange and brown to see if they ground when pressing the switch open, then close.

At the module verify the black is ground, yellow is power, both in the 4 wire connector 1.

At the module verify both dark blue wires are ground and that the module is getting the ground signals from the switch.

Module connector 1 light green and dark green wires see if there is power and ground output to the motor when commanding the glass to move in either direction.

Can you get to this point?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I took care of it . I did it manually

Sorry I thought you were wanting to fix it. Glad you got it closed.