Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The right high beam bulb blew. the left was working as

Customer Question

the right high beam bulb blew. the left was working as advertised and the dims were working. i removed the right high beam bulb and replaced it today. now the dim light will not automatically work using the toggle switch and high beams stay on all the time.
JA: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?
Customer: the dim lights come on when i hold the toggle switch manually from inside the car so why check the fuses or bulbs
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2009 traverse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have changed the blown right high beam.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i have also removed it now and the condition is still the same except that the right bulb will not work obviously if it is not connected. plus the inside hign indicator on the dash will not reflect that the high beams are on
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

Its possible the wrong bulb was used, BCM failure, or multifunction switch issue. Can you do electrical diag.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris