Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

I just replaced the front hubs on my 06 and took it for a

Customer Question

I just replaced the front hubs on my 06 Monte and took it for a test drive and now the check engine light has come on and also the low oil pressure warning light. Everything was fine before the repairs except for the abs and anti skid lights were on. Is there a way to reset the computer back to factory?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: which light?
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2006 Monte Carlo SS 5.3L
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to do it my self. So for all I have done is check the oil level. Also, the low pressure light will come on at low rpm but it has been going off after I have increased the rpm.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of mow. I am not sure if it is safe to drive. And also, is there a way for me to check the oil presure?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

I would not drive it until you have verified oil pressure with a oil pressure gauge. It may just be a faulty oil pressure sender, I would check first with a gauge. If oil pressure is good then you should replace the sender. Look at the oil switch and remove the electrical connector. If it is wet with oil inside the connector its safe to say the oil switch is the problem. It could also be a wiring problem but less likely since it shuts the light off at higher rpm

You will also need to scan the codes for the check engine light.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,

ASE Master Technician

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks