Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Just started yesterday, I have a 2006 Colorado 4 cyl 2 wdr

Customer Question

Just started yesterday, I have a 2006 Colorado 4 cyl 2 wdr Std trans. When I put in gear, the truck starts bucking. Brought it to auto zone to have codes read. I've got several codes. P0017, P1101, P0300, P0106, P0107
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes, I did have to change the battery about 3 weeks ago.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I had another vehicle do something similar a while back. It was the cam sensor. One of the explanations for this issue is that the crank sensor is not aligned with.the cam sensor.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was going to change the two sensors. I found out where the crank sensor is but not sure where.the.cam sensor is.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** sounds like a problem with the Camshaft Phaser Actuator. Drain oil and install 5W30 engine oil. Road test, check for code return. If new oil doesn't help, replace the camshaft position exhaust actuator, also known as the phaser. Here are replacement instructions for actuator and cam sensor, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn4mlnjn329oebo/cam1.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/256kj8hh8sw9zzr/cam2.pdf?dl=0