Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

The rear screen DVD player is not working. I have replaced

Customer Question

The rear screen for the DVD player is not working. I have replaced it and the replacement doesn't work either. Is there a fuse link that could be blown? Just doesn't have any power to it.
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: yes and all fuses in the box seem to be fine.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2011 Tahoe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a mechanic replace the rear control panel and the DVD unit. Neither one worked.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no. Any suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect all fuses in all fuse panels and make sure these are all o.k.If these are all o.k. and the new screen did not correct this fault here this may be an issue with the wiring that runs to the rear dvd screen.I have seen damaged and cut wiring cause this fault here needing repaired or replaced.

You will have to have this checked/inspected further to see if any wiring or connections are found to be at fault needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete