Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.

My auto trans on 2007 just quit after stopping to txt. Shift

Customer Question

My auto trans on 2007 just quit after stopping to txt. Shift out of Park and Trans was completely out. Dealer just said grommets on trans cables rusted and broke. I live in Miami Beach and had a '96 for 11yrs before trade for 07. Not one problem. 07 has 42,650 miles. Fix will take a day and almost $900.00.
Said they had to take apart dash and shift assembly in console to replace two rusted grommets. Anyone know about this particular problem? Been searching Corvette forums since yesterday. Could not find anyone with same issue.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tom replied 2 months ago.

Yes that is a common issue with a poor design as well. How long ago did you purchase the vehicle from the dealer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I purchased it in November of 2007 New
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tom replied 2 months ago.
Ok do you have an extended warranty? I'm not able to make phone calls at this time.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had the 5yr extended drivetrain warranty. It ran out in 2012
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no is the answer
Expert:  Tom replied 2 months ago.
Ouch OK but there actually should be a bulletin on this did you ask the dealer as this would be covered under good will repair or recall.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did not ask and I looked on some Corvette forum websites and could not find anyone that had this problem. The dealer did not say it was a "Common Issue" and did not off to repair under good will. Now it's not the dealer I purchased from. I am visiting my Uncle in Nj. I purchased in Miami. Where I live.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I call him back and ask about theses options?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just thought of something. Since I purchased the 5yr drivetrain warranty. Should it be added to the end of the first three year bumper to bumper warranty. Therefore running out in 2015?
Expert:  Tom replied 2 months ago.
you are correct. I would call them and mention all these options. Also ask for corperartes number because of they want to keep you a customer they will do the right thing. These are the next steps. Hoped this helped. Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated. I'm here if you need any further assistance.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok Tom. Thanks I will ask and if I get good answer from dealer I certainly will give you top marks.
Expert:  Tom replied 2 months ago.
Thanks again