Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

I have a 2003 chevy avalanche. I have just had the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 chevy avalanche. I have just had the transmission rebuilt by a reputable transmissio9n place. I had my mechanic remove the old transmission and he took it to be rebuilt. He works for a shop and has mechanical work on the side. He has done really good work on my car for years. He reinstalled the rebuilt transmission and it runs fine. The only thing is it doesn't go in to park like it should. You can hear the door locks but it isn't always in park. It can register as being in park and the truck will roll backwards on just a slight incline. My mechanic tried to adjust the linkage but there aren't any adjustment in the linkage. When it rolls backward in park you can hear a clicking sound. Instead of having the transmission installed by the company I tried to save money. Do you have any idea what it can be. Do you think the transmission was rebuilt wrong or did my mechanic do something wrong. He is a relly nice guy.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That does sound like the shifter cable is out of adjustment. They are adjustable.

I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tjlw8ay379nnfp/Automatic%20Transmission%20Range%20Selector%20Cable%20Adjustment.pdf?dl=0

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Did you get that?

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. Thanks

I do not have access to your email address,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Jerry, It has taken me all this time to find someone to do what you said. It was the problem you said. I wanted to pay you, and now I have questions about the ABS.
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 3 months ago.

Normally we get paid for the original answer(s) before any follow ups, but that would have to be opened as a new question, thanks