Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2002 chevy cavalier. today i started getting some

Customer Question

i have a 2002 chevy cavalier. today i started getting some grinding noises from the abs
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: funny situation. the abs, traction off, and service engine light came on about two months ago, but with no actual indications of there being a problem. everything i read suggested that it was a sensor problem, so i let it slide. today, however, all those lights turned OFF and the abs noise happened
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it sounded / felt like the front wheels, i couldnt tell which though
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: just that i had the brakes serviced about 4 months ago
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Any time these light come on the system will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing the first thing you are going to need to do is to connect a scan tool to the system and scan for the fault code and or codes. If you can get these and post back with them I will help you determine the cause.