Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

I recently purchased a 2016 Chevy SS and when the car is

Customer Question

I recently purchased a 2016 Chevy SS and when the car is started I get a message stating the engine oil is low, checking the oil level on the dip stick shows the oil is not low. This happens every time the car is started. Pressing the reset bottoms turns the message off. What is the problem? Do you have an answer?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

The oil level sensor is a common problem. There is also an update for the ecm available for this problem. Sometimes part replacement is not need just an update performed. Any GM dealer will repair this under warranty.

Please reply to this if you need more help. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

ASE Master Technician

Customer: replied 2 months ago.