GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Have a 2003 Chevy Suburban. Just got it back from service

Customer Question

Have a 2003 Chevy Suburban. Just got it back from service Thursday. Today while driving it was missing very badly during the***** The entire car would "bolt" for lack of a better word and the power would reduce. Felt like a vapor lock. Opened the gas cap [tank is 1/2 full] and a lot of air came out. Drove it home and again the missing. Undid the cap and a lot of air again rushed out and the sound of metal expanding was heard in the vicinity of the gas tank. We had an older suburban actually implode on us years ago. We live on a VERY dusty dirt road for half of the***** Any suggestions?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Doesn't seem to be using more gas. And yes today it took several tries to start it up.
JA: What is the model of your '03 Chevy?
Customer: Well shoot. The car is parked at the adjoining ranch. It is my bosses car. And I don't know off hand. Let me look for the service papers. Sorry about that. Details, eh? :-)
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Oh gosh know. I'm female. I just want to make sure I can get it to the service that is 1.5 hours away in the city without konking out. We live in the middle of nowhere Montana.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Everything else works as it just got a $2100 service.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 4 months ago.

was the engine light on?